A grade of C (2.0) or higher must be attained in all required business and accounting courses and specific general education courses. https://accounting-services.net/ Accounting careers are available in all sectors of society from business and industry to government or nonprofit organizations.
Test scores and education experience will be forwarded to the Board by NASBA. To find out information about your transfer options to public and private universities, contact your academic advisor or the Transfer Office at your local Ivy Tech campus. You are also encouraged to contact the university in which you plan to transfer. You may be eligible for a free certificate offered through this degree program.
Areas of Study
If you would like to continue your education after completing your Ivy Tech degree, we have several four-year transfer partnershipsin place. Graduates of the Accounting program are currently employed in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, professional tax preparers, and bookkeepers. When you graduate you will be able to go right into the workforce or transfer to a four-year institution. Nly Cornell University (95%), University of Wisconsin-Madison (94%) and University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (93%) earned rates higher than USI. University of Pittsburgh (90%) rounded out the top five as the only other university with a 90% or greater pass rate.
- Those at the median level earn about $39,070, while those toward the top of the pay scale earn between $48,370 and $58,250 (75th – 90th percentile).
- Program applications are considered on a rolling basis during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Applicants must have an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher at time of application.
- The program includes small classes taught by qualified professors who have both academic credentials and practical business experience.
- Employers large and small, worldwide and local, turn to Kelley for knowledgeable, ethical accounting professionals.
- Students who wish to become licensed Certified Public Accountants will need to take the Uniform CPA Examination.
Yes, students in the online master’s in accounting program have access to electronic resources from the Graduate Career Services Office from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. Additionally, students in the master’s program are encouraged to participate in the Bloomington commencement ceremony. We invite you to learn more about our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. Explore our site, and feel free to contact us or our faculty with any questions. Kelley’s accounting curriculum explores the relationship between business decisions and the bottom line. After completing our challenging courses, working on team projects, bolstering their communication skills, and completing an internship or field experience, our students are prepared for a variety of careers.
Apply for a license.
The Indiana Board of Accountancy oversees the process for becoming a CPA in the state. There are five main steps to complete in order to earn a CPA license in Indiana.
- Accounting is sometimes called the language of business, and individuals who are fluent in this language are very valuable.
- Core MAcc courses at PNW include Management Accounting II, Advanced Taxation, Advanced Accounting, and Fraud Investigation.
- Though there are many certifications available to accountants, none are able to trump a CPA license from your state.
- An accounting career consists of collaborating with other business professionals to make successful business decisions.
- Accountants have a demanding job—they must be able to dig into complicated financial statements, create strategies for fiscal strength and build confidence and trust with their clients.
The highest salaries in accounting are generally reserved for CFOs, executive-level accountants with extensive industry experience and leadership skills. Executive-level accountants in Indiana earn about $145,770 at the median level, with those at the upper end of the pay scale earning more than $208,000. For example, in the Indianapolis metro area , these professionals earn about $116,380, Bookkeeping Indiana which represents the 90th percentile among accountants and auditors here. Go beyond basic accounting to understand financial reporting and how to evaluate a company’s internal financial controls with this graduate certificate. Graduate courses in fraud and forensic accounting and IT auditing, plus a case-study course, equip you to successfully audit a company’s financial systems.
Option to carry these credits forward toward earning an MSA orMST, with completion of an additional 18 credit hours. A broader range of accounting electives available during your undergraduate studies. These electives are open only to those undergraduates enrolled in the graduate certificate program. Below are some of the potential career opportunities available to graduates with this degree.
Accounting Practitioners have fewer practice privileges that do not include audit and attestation functions. APs must be at least 18 years old and pass a written exam on accounting theory administered by the Board.